Skin Cancer: Putting it all TogetherFriday, June 29, 2012 - 13:22
Here is a summary of the important facts and information related to skin cancer.
- Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer in the United States.
- An individual's lifetime exposure to sunlight and skin type largely determines their risk for skin cancer.
- It is important to regularly monitor your skin for early symptoms of skin cancer.
- Most skin cancers are cured with relatively simple treatment. Others, however, can be life threatening.
- Skin cancer is almost 100 percent curable if found and treated early.