Working With The DoctorFriday, March 16, 2012 - 17:31
It is very important to work closely with the doctor in getting control of the asthma. If you ever feel that the treatment is not going well, don't be embarrassed to say so.
The doctor will:
- Give you advice about avoiding the things that cause attacks.
- Prescribe medication to control inflammation.
- Prescribe "rescue" medication to treat attacks.
- Help you work out a plan for using medication.
- Help you work out a plan so your child can exercise without being limited.
- Tell you what to do in emergencies.