Varicose Veins: Putting It All TogetherThursday, June 14, 2012 - 13:06
Here is a summary of the important facts and information related to varicose veins:
- As many as 40 million adults (1 in 5) in the United States suffer from varicose veins.
- Pregnancy, excess weight, jobs that require long periods of standing or sitting, and a family history of varicose veins may increase a person's risk of varicose veins.
- For some people, varicose veins may just be a cosmetic problem; in most cases, varicose veins do not cause a health problem.
- In rare cases, varicose veins may cause complications or be a symptom of damage to deep veins.
- Varicose veins can be prevented in some cases. And medical and self-help techniques can relieve the discomfort and disfigurement of varicose veins easily and safely.