Tummy Tuck: Putting It All TogetherWednesday, April 25, 2012 - 15:49
Here is a summary of the important facts and information related to abdominoplasty (tummy tuck):
- Abdominoplasty or
tummy tuckis a surgical procedure to remove excess skin and fat and tighten abdominal muscles. It is not a weight-loss technique.
- The best candidates for a tummy tuck are healthy adults who have a fairly normal weight. They have one or both of these conditions: (1) excess fat and skin on the
abdomenthat will not go away with exercise and diet or (2) weakened abdominal muscles that may be causing medical problems.
- Decrease the risks of abdomen surgery by following the surgeon's advice before and after surgery.
- After a tummy tuck, expect to have some discomfort, bruises, swelling and temporary numbness of the abdomen.
- The full effects of this operation may take three months or longer to be realized - when healing is complete.
- Remember that a tummy tuck will improve body shape, not achieve perfection.