Should I Get Treatment For PMS?Monday, April 23, 2012 - 16:00
PMS is not your fault, and it does not indicate psychological weakness. It is not something to be embarrassed about. Studies have shown that women with PMS are psychologically healthy.
You should consider treatment for PMS if you notice any of the following, especially during the one to two weeks before your period.
- Poor work or school performance: Poor performance at school or at work is often the result of difficulty concentrating, irritability, or fatigue.
- Disturbing physical symptoms: Breast tenderness, bloating, and headaches.
- Problems in your social life: PMS may disturb social relationships. This can include relationships with spouses, friends, lovers, and colleagues.
- Difficulty parenting: Many women with PMS notice their children react to their mood swings and find themselves inappropriately angry at their children's behavior.
- Suicidal thoughts: Suicidal thoughts are common in women with severe PMS.