Preventing Future Sinus ProblemsThursday, March 22, 2012 - 12:17
It is important to prevent sinusitis symptoms from returning so that the regained sinus health can be preserved.
How To Information
To prevent colds that can affect the
In the case of allergy attacks, it is important to avoid allergens if at all possible, staying away from any foods, fabrics, smoke, or animals that cause symptoms. If the culprit is in the air, allergy shots or medications may have to be taken regularly to prevent a recurrence of chronic sinusitis or acute sinusitis attacks that could again create sinus blockages.
At the onset of a cold or allergy symptoms:
- Increase your water intake.
- Keep the nostrils moist with salt-water nasal rinses, humidifiers or steam, and saline nasal sprays.
- Avoid excessive forceful nose blowing.
- Discontinue eating dairy products until symptoms subside.
- Consult a doctor immediately if a fever or thick yellow or green