Impotence: Putting It All TogetherTuesday, April 10, 2012 - 16:43
Here is a summary of the important facts and information related to impotence.
- Erectile dysfunction is common and treatable.
- Treatment should involve a man's partner as well, since erectile dysfunction can have an impact on both of them and their relationship.
- Although there is usually a mind-body connection with erectile dysfunction, the majority of cases have a physical cause.
- Various "triggers" can cause erectile dysfunction; sometimes it is the result of two or more of these triggers working together.
- A wide variety of treatments are available for erectile dysfunction, including medication, lifestyle changes, counseling, mechanical devices, and surgery.
- Because prevention is always better than cure, men should maintain healthy habits to help prevent erectile problems.