How To Stay PotentTuesday, April 10, 2012 - 16:45
As with all other medical conditions, prevention is better than cure. To prevent erectile problems, take these steps:
- Preserve your well-being. Illnesses, along with their drug or surgical treatment, can cause erectile problems.
- Stick with healthy habits. Avoid smoking, heavy alcohol use, and illegal drugs - they all can affect potency. Get regular light physical exercise, keep your weight under control, and avoid a high-fat diet.
- Avoid long periods of sexual abstinence. Long periods of sexual inactivity can make it difficult to resume activity again. So despite today's busy lifestyles, make time for sex in your relationship.
- Set realistic sexual expectations. Try to concentrate on fun. Spread your sexual feeling over your whole body, not just your penis, and expand your pleasure activities beyond intercourse.
- Stay aware and educated. Get to know your own and your partner's bodies. Learn about sex in general. Try to explore and experiment, and ask your partner for feedback.
- Don't keep worries to yourself. If you are anxious about your sexual performance, talk with your partner, a close friend, or your doctor.