Hearing Loss: Putting It All TogetherThursday, March 29, 2012 - 21:05
Here is a summary of the important facts and information related to hearing loss.
- Hearing disorders are common. More than 40 million Americans have hearing loss.
- Good hearing is essential not only for communication and business, but also for many of the subtle joys that make life worth living.
- Hearing loss is often preventable and is nearly always treatable.
- Because hearing loss may be a symptom of a more serious underlying health problem, a medical checkup is important.
- Hearing loss can be reversed by treating underlying conditions or by performing surgery.
- Some people have their hearing ability restored with the help of hearing aids.
- There are simple steps you can take to help preserve your hearing.