What Are The Symptoms Of Prostate Cancer?Monday, April 23, 2012 - 16:14
In its early stages, prostate cancer often does not cause symptoms. When symptoms do occur, they can include:
- A need to urinate frequently, especially at night
- Difficulty in starting urination or inability to urinate
- Weak or interrupted flow of urine
- Painful or burning urination
- Difficulty in having an erection
- Pain during ejaculation
- Blood in the urine or
- Pain or stiffness in the lower back, hips, or thighs.
Need To Know:
These symptoms also may be caused by less serious health problems, such as an infection or an enlarged prostate. A man who experiences these symptoms should see a doctor, who can perform blood tests and other exams to help determine the cause.