Heart Failure: How Can The Family Help?Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 09:47
Family and friends can be a great help. Here are some of the things they can do:
- Give gentle reminders about taking medication.
- Help get prescriptions refilled on time.
- Research good ways of preparing food without salt or excess fat.
- Keep up to date on the latest information about heart failure.
- Research information from the Internet. Make sure information comes from a reliable source.
- Go for walks with the person who has heart failure.
- Join support groups for families.