Putting It All Together: CystitisWednesday, March 21, 2012 - 15:04
Here is a summary of the important facts and information related to cystitis.
- Cystitis is an inflammation of the
bladder, usually caused by bacterial infection.
- Drink lots of fluids and urinate frequently to help wash
bacteriaaway. Antibioticsusually eliminate infections that last more than a few days.
- Urinate before and after sexual intercourse to help prevent cystitis.
- Wipe only from front to back.
- Contact the doctor if your symptoms get worse or do not improve within two days.
- If you are pregnant or diabetic, see your doctor at the first sign of a bladder infection.