Putting It All Together: Breast ReductionTuesday, March 20, 2012 - 11:55
Here is a summary of the important facts and information related to breast reduction.
- Breast reduction surgery is done to relieve physical discomfort associated with large sagging breasts. It is not performed for appearance only.
- Breast reduction surgery will leave permanent scars but they may fade with time. They can also be camouflaged by clothing and will not keep a woman from wearing a bathing suit or a low-cut top.
- Breast reduction surgery does not increase the chances of developing breast cancer.
- Breast reduction surgery is sometimes covered by health insurance. It is best to check with the insurance carrier before having the operation.
- Breast reduction surgery has the highest patient satisfaction rate of any of the cosmetic procedures.